Sunday, October 17, 2010

Udayananu Tharam (Udaya is the Star)

Today I saw the movie which was later remade into Vellitherai in Tamil. Since it is an almost exact reproduction, for the story please see the review of Vellitherai - http://manymorewoods.blogspot.com/2010/05/vellitherai-silver-screen.html



Even though I knew the story of the movie I enjoyed watching it. Mohanlal plays Udayan and Sreenivasan plays Rajappan. Mohanlal gives a superbly restrained performance. Where Prithviraj (playing the same character in Vellitherai) comes across as an angry young man, Mohanlal is slightly more sophisticated and mature. Prakash Raj played a much more melodramatic form of Sreenivasan and I must say, I felt that Prakash Raj brought more color to the movie. After all the satire on cinema should be slightly exaggerated...

Again, Good direction, interesting script, superb performances.

(Do Watch)

2 comments:

historycalledjai said...

Nice blog.. do you know if these movies come with subtitles? Can you also mention that in ur reviews somewhere.

Engee said...

Thanks. All these movies are available with subtitles ( you will get most in moser baer). I don't understand the languages and have seen with subtitles only.

Moving On

Find me on medium.com from now on :)